Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Perpetual Green Onions

For $2, I picked up some good-looking organic scallions at the grocery store (not a hip farmer's market, but I was in a hurry).  I already had one bunch of scallions that I had tried to cultivate based on an idea I saw on Pintrest and now cannot find that link to provide it here.  The directions instructed to stick the scallions in water and leave them alone to regenerate themselves.

They did...for a while.  I had to post back on the Pintrest post to learn how to perk my original bunch back up since they faded from a robust dark green to a still-sprouting-but-sickly yellow.  This latest bunch replaces one that flavored 10 meals (which quite reasonably my husband threw away to make room for these new ones).  For today's post, I am taking it's inaurgural portrait, today, leap day 2012.  Here it is!  

I'll update how they are doing as the blog goes on.  I don't know what to feed them to keep them nourished.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. We moved and we threw them away. Will try again sometime. [Heart] Abby

    ReplyDelete