Friday, February 24, 2012

What is a craft idiot?

Craft idiot:  a person who knows so much about one thing, s/he knows virtually nothing about anything else.
I uttered something that sounded like “craft idiot” under my breath and a neighbor giggled in the elevator and said he was going to run home and register it as a domain name.  Well, he didn’t.  I thought about what I wanted to write about in my 40 day blogging challenge to myself, and I realized:  I wanted to chronicle the little craft projects I often do that don’t get to see the light of day.  I generally don’t get much coaching, and I often don’t have a background in the skills needed for the projects I pick…which would make me a “craft idiot” of another kind.  The more I attempt, the less idiotic I will be and the less of a Marxist “craft idiot” as well.  I take requests.  Feel free to post a project you would like me to attempt and write up.

No comments:

Post a Comment